Friday, September 17, 2004

 

If We're Not At Rock Bottom Yet, We're Damn Close

I'm not a bitter man. Okay, I am, but not all the time. I don't mean to focus on the negative all the time, but when I see stories like this one, I can't help but sigh and shake my weary head.

Baseball is America's pastime! It's not supposed to be a damn money-making scheme (unless you're an owner)! How have we gone from passing caught balls to the nearest kid, to having court battles over them and spending $25K to buy out an entire section so that nobody else can catch one?! I blame old-fashioned greed and Ebay! I put the over/under at two years before somebody loses their life over a palm-sized sphere of leather and yarn. Is there anything sacred left in this game? Is there a single shred of purity left? "Where have you gone Joe DiMaggio, our nation turns it's lonely eyes to you!"




<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?