Friday, September 17, 2004

 

Tragedy Sprouts Its Ugly Head

This world is chalk full of hypocrisy and injustice and there is no greater example of it than the current situation in the professional sandwich-making industry. Do you realize that not a single one of the four major sandwich-making chains offers alfalfa sprouts on their subs? I know, it seems unbelievable, but check it out for yourself. Not Subway, not Togo's, not Quizno's, not even Blimpie. "Sandwich artists" my ass! It's as if the entire sandwich industry has formed a collective Sprout Nazi and is cruelly shouting to the sandwich-loving public, "No sprouts for you!" I feel like Andy Dufresne in "The Shawshank Redemption" when the warden scoffs at evidence of his innocence. "How can you be so obtuse?" If I had the means, I would open my own chain, Alfalfa Farms, and put an end to this senseless embargo on one of the finer ingredients a sandwich has ever known, the alfalfa sprout.

And another thing...if companies can make a fortune selling bottled water, why has no sandwich chain thought to offer a professionally made peanut butter and jelly?




<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?