Monday, October 11, 2004

 

Monday Morning Humility

My extraordinarily bad luck in Vegas has been well documented. However, it appears that my status as the real-life Cooler has followed me home and is now going to see to it that I lose any bet I make. On Friday afternoon as the Angels lost in the Division Series, I lost two bets simultaneously. Thanks to Washburn's hanging slider, I now owe Joe a steak dinner at the venue of his choice and, despite the burn I shall feel deep within my soul, I will be wearing a Red Sox t-shirt tomorrow resulting from a bet with another Red Sox pal, Mike Burns, aka Bill Brasky. As if this weren't enough, in typical Vegas fashion, I didn't know when to cut myself off Saturday when Adam declared he was not only going to beat me in fantasy football the following day, but that he was going to do it by twenty or more points. If I managed to beat that twenty-point spread, he would be washing my car. If his prophecy was fulfilled, I would bow down to his greatness on this very blog. (Sigh) Here goes nothin'...

Adam Partridge, GM of team Fuzzy Britches of the Fo' Shizzle Fantasy Football League has soundly defeated me as he said he would. His team proved itself to be unequivocally superior to mine and, thus, his GM skills also demonstrated their dominance. As a fantasy owner, he is without peers. I can only be thankful that I have had the opportunity to play among such greatness as his.

That was a helluva lot easier than wearing that Red Sox shirt is going to be. Luckily, I get to wear whatever hat I want. Still, if I hear one person say "Let's go Red Sox" in response to my shirt, I might make myself a necklace of scalps a la Brad Pitt in "Legends of the Fall." Stay tuned.



<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?