Friday, November 19, 2004

 

Bill "The Headscratcher" Stoneman

The blockbuster trade was just announced. Jose Guillen to the Washington Whatchamacallits for Juan Rivera and Maciar Izturis. Wow, good thing I was sitting down when I heard that one.

Was this really the best deal we could get for a young guy hitting .294 with 27 HR and 104 RBI not to mention one of the best outfield arms in the game today? No better offers with offensive production that high and a salary as low as $3.5 million? Really?

Okay, Bill, you're the boss. I figured Guillen could be part of the package for Randy Johnson, whether that meant going to Arizona or to Florida as part of the rumored three-way deal. I really can't grasp the purpose of this trade right now. I guess I'll just have to take it on faith until the rest of the moves play out.



<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?