Wednesday, November 03, 2004

 

The Mourning After

I don't want to get into too much of a political discussion. We have a sister site for that and as much as its posts irritate me this morning, I will leave most of the discourse where it belongs. However, I would like to express my feelings with the following sports comparison.

As a strong minded Kerry voter, this morning I know what it felt like for the 2003 Red Sox, feeling in their souls that they deserved to win, to lose to the Yankee empire on a Game 7 walk-off homerun. On that chilly autumn night one year ago, it was Aaron "F'in" Boone who took the Sox to the cleaners. Last night, it was the state for which Boone used to play, O-hi-ho, that spoiled John Kerry's Presidential hopes.

Now I know the pain. Now I feel the dull, weighted ache. Now I too throw my hands up and say "Won't the good guys ever win? Just once?"

The difference is the Red Sox only had to wait 12 months for their day of reckoning. I have to wait four more years.



<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?