Tuesday, December 21, 2004

 

The False Prophet and The Brick Wall

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady's two 4th-quarter interceptions last night not only cost his team the game, but they may also refute the theory held by so many football pundits that he is the secondcoming of Jesus Christ. Stay tuned.

At halftime of last night's contest, Al Michaels' interview with Shaquille O'Neal was shown in an effort to boost interest in what is already bound to be the biggest regular season NBA game in recent memory. I've been chiming in all season as Shaq has dropped bombs in the papers so why stop now. The Big Fella had this say about Saturday's matchup with former cohort Kobe Bryant:

"If you've got a Corvette that runs into a brick wall, you know what's gonna happen. He's a Corvette. I'm a brick wall. So you know what's gonna happen."

I think I'd agree with Shaq's comparison of himself to a brick wall. He's big, strong, and, just like a brick wall, he doesn't jump. If Shaq's expecting a crash test, he's got another thing coming. As a Laker fan, I've seen what Mini Coopers like Earl Boykins do when they encounter The Wall; they just swirve around it or drop a teardrop right over the top.

Then he hit us with a quote that rivals his infamous "I've won championships at every level" quote which, of course, at the time was true, except for college and the pros.

"I've always done things the right way, I've always done things the classy way."

Well, yeah...except for all the times he used the media to lash out and talk trash.



<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?