Wednesday, December 01, 2004

 

The Pimp and the Message Board Post-er

So let me get this straight...when Urban Meyer (as an offspring, would his son be named Sub-Urban?) signed his contract to coach football at Utah, he had a clause put in that allows him to opt out if the Notre Dame job is offered? That is one of the oddest contract stipulations I have ever heard of. That's like getting into a relationship with a girl and telling her "okay, now I'll go out with you, but if my ex-girlfriend wants me back, I'm leaving you for her." No self-respecting woman would stand for that so what does this say about Utah that they agreed to it? Urban Meyer, you are the grandmaster pimp of head coaches.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you're ever in need of a good laugh, I recommend checking out a sports message board. I've been perusing them the past few days and have found some real doozies. Here's one of my faves...

The subject of the post reads: UCLA 28, USC 21

UCLA is #6 in the nation on NET PUNTING and #4 in the nation on kickoff coverage. Punt/Kickoff returns are what led to USC beating California, Stanford, and Oregon State setting up great field position. With UCLA forcing USC to travel long field all day they won't put up an abundance of points. And in case you didn't know, UCLA has one of the best rushing attacks in the nation and a Top 20 total offense rating.

Are you laughing as hard as I am? Now I don't want to say that special teams are worthless. They absolutely can mean the difference between winning and losing...assuming the two teams are evenly matched otherwise! To say that UCLA's punting game is going to make up for USC's total dominance on both offense and defense is the most desperate reach of all reaches. Let's face it, UCLA can pin SC's offense back at their own 1-yard line of the Coliseum and they're still gonna march down the field, up the steps, through the peristyle, along three freeways, through the quiet neighborhood of Pasadena, and right into UCLA's endzone at the Rose Bowl. And they're going to do it many many times. And as far as the defense is concerned, let's just say USC is going to give the famed UCLA punt squad plenty of chances to show their stuff. God, I love UCLA fans.




<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?