Wednesday, January 12, 2005

 

Movin' On Out

I am in the process of moving this week and, thus, I am in a state of residential limbo. Technically, I am the renter of two apartments for the rest of the month, though, at present time, neither of them really feels like mine. I got stuff in both places but until I actually do the final moving-in of the bed and furniture this weekend, it feels somewhat like sitting down on Christmas morning with all your gifts laid out before you yet unable to open a single one. Anywho, at least I've learned a thing or two from this experience.

1) A man's PS2 should always be the last thing he packs.

2) No matter how bad the insomnia may be, "The X-Files" is never the answer. I ask you why does TNT broadcast this show at 1 a.m.? Could there be a more cruel stroke of programming? I flip it on and become instantly engrossed, but I fall asleep to thoughts of a serial killer who poses as Santa Claus and the 3-foot skeletons they pull from his graveyard at Santa's Village. As if I needed help in having f-ed up dreams. Someone should sue TNT for the emotional distress brought on by "X-Files" sleep deprivation. As a settlement, I would gladly accept any season of the show on DVD.

3) No woman on earth is "cattier" than an actual cat. I have no wet food to give them for one day and they take it upon themselves to start their morning exercises at 4 a.m. instead of the usual 6 a.m. Vengeful little bastards.

4) A new place does not become home until you've taken your first Daily Double there.

5) Never pack adult movies in with the regular movies unless you want your best friend's wife to find them when she's helping unpack.

I can only guess what pearls still await me.




<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?