Tuesday, October 11, 2005

 

Fearful Prediction: Angels in 6

I'm picking the Angels to win the ALCS in six games...I just can't figure out how exactly.

The news just came down that Bartolo did not make the roster which is obviously a huge blow to an already awkwardly aligned rotation. The Byrd Man in Game One on three days rest, a sickly Washburn in Two, presumably Lackey and Santanna in games Three and Four. The White Sox are rested and fully loaded where as the Halos are going to be jetlagged to say the least. Couple that with the absence of Colon, and it doesn't seem to stack up well for the Angels.

What the hell, I'll take 'em anyway. I'll flip it and say the Angels are excited to travel across the country overnight and start this series as soon as possible because I don't think they wanna get off the field right now. They appear to be having such a good time out there and to be playing with such confidence that, despite the odds being against them, I don't think they believe they can be beaten right now.

I completely agree with Super Blogger Rich Lederer who said if the White Sox drop either of the first two games of this series, they are in serious trouble. If we can eek out a win in Byrd-vs-Contreras or Washburn-vs-Buerhle on the road, I have great confidence that Lackey and Santanna will bury the Southsiders in a 3-1 hole.

If the Angels had lost Game Five last night, would the sporting world be ripping Vlad Guerrero as they are Alex Rodriguez? I doubt it since ARod's postseason poverty goes back further than these five games while Vladdy carried the Angels down the stretch last season. Still it's worth mentioning that the Angels' best hitter had a terrible series at the plate. The Angels still pulled it out of course, but the Angels are obviously going to be much tougher to beat if Vladdy is doing his thing.

Another 5 p.m. start tonight to torture the West Coast Working Man. I wish I had put in for vacation time so I could really rest up for this series, maybe channel my rest to the team somehow or at least just be able to savor every pitch. There is no traffic as painful and frustrating as traffic that keeps you away from a playoff game. Yeah, it sure would be nice to take a nice long nap right about now, maybe wake up and have some ants-on-a-log before settling in for Game One. Oh well, I guess I'll try doing this Estimated Final Cost report; that could be fun too.

Okay, more as it occurs to me. Go Angels.



<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?